Spiegel Cup January Scholastic
- Sunday, January 21, 2018
- Event Format
- Time Control
- G/30 d5
- 14 & Under, 11& Under, 8 & Under, and Non-USCF
- Entry Fee
- $25, $20 for BCF members, $5 more at door
- Trophies for 1st/2nd each age group and non-USCF section, medal for 3rd
- 10:00am - 10:20am
- Round Times
- 10:30am, 11:50am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm
- Section eligibility based on age as of December 31, 2017.
14 & Under, 11 & Under, and 8 & Under sections are USCF rated, and USCF membership is required. The Non-USCF section is open to all players who are no more than 14 years old (both rated and unrated players), and will not be rated by the USCF; thus, USCF membership is not required for the Non-USCF section.
Points earned from the 14 & Under, 11 & Under, and 8 & Under count toward qualification to be invited to play in the Spiegel Cup in March, the Massachusetts State Scholastic Championship organized by MACA.
Half-point byes, if granted, do NOT count toward Spiegel Cup qualification.
OPEN TO FIRST 56 PLAYERS TO REGISTER; no refund of advance entries.
- Event Dates
- Sunday, January 21
- Registration is now closed, please register at the tournament.